The SRSU Blackboard Online Support Desk is where faculty can direct all your Blackboard questions or requests. For instance, if you are the instructor of record for a Blackboard courses and need to add a TA, GA, or additional instructor to your course(s), merge course sections, need help with course copying content, need help with using a Blackboard feature in your course (such as Collaborate Ultra), etc., contact the Online Support Desk.
The Blackboard technical support desk is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your convenience. To reach the support desk:
- By calling 888.837.6055
- Via email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also email your SRSU Team of Blackboard Instructional Designers directly:
SRSU BLACKBOARD FACULTY RESOURCES & SUPPORT NEWS – UPDATED FOR June 1st, 2023
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR for day-long, in-person, Ultra training, workshopping & support sessions by the SHSU Online team covering all areas of training, instructional design or support happening on the Alpine, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and Uvalde campuses from June 12th – 14th! See below for more information!**
1) SUMMER 2023 – Online Course Ultra Redesign & Faculty Certification Cohorts
Enrollment for the summer 2023 cohorts for the Online Course Ultra Redesign and Faculty Certification program are open! These cohorts are fully online and asynchronous, so interact with the course and complete activities at a time of day that is convenient for you.
Online Course Ultra Redesign and Faculty Certification program cohorts:
- Cohort 1: June 5th – July 7th (All SRSU seats now filled)
- Cohort 2: July 10th – August 11th (all SRSU seats now filled)
SRSU seats are limited to 5 per cohort so Enroll today!
- SRSU online faculty must complete this certification program before you can take an SRSU Quality Matters workshop.
- The summer 2023 certification program is currently available for SRSU instructors who have NOT previously completed the certification program within the PAST YEAR. If you have previously started or completed a cohort in the Original Course View in 2021 or early 2022 you may be eligible to retake the program for the Ultra redesign (completion stipend $250 for retakers). If you have any questions on your eligibility to retake the program in order to redesign a course and become re-certified in the new Blackboard Ultra course view, please contact: email@example.com .
2) SHSU Online Digital Teaching Webinars for Summer and By Appointment Sessions
Upcoming Webinars for June thru July 2023:
• 6/05/23 @ 3pm – Navigating the Transition from Original to Ultra Course View
• 6/08/23 @ 2pm – Course Building in Ultra Course View
• 6/14/23 @ 2pm – Course Building in Ultra Course View
• 6/19/23 @ 2pm – Communicating in Ultra Course View
• 6/22/23 @ 2pm – Grading/Assessment in Ultra Course View
• 6/28/23 @ 3pm – Managing Groups in Ultra Course View
• 7/10/23 @ 2pm – Course Building in Ultra Course View
• 7/17/23 @ 3pm – Navigating the Transition from Original to Ultra Course View
• 7/20/23 @ 2pm – Communicating in Ultra Course View
• 7/24/23 @ 3pm – Grading/Assessment in Ultra Course View
Register for these webinars today!
NOW AVAILABLE – Digital Teaching How-to By Appointment
Need to know how to do something with Blackboard or one of its associated tools? Can’t make the scheduled webinar times above, or there isn’t a specific webinar for your need on the schedule? No problem! Sign-up for a “by appointment” webinar at a time/day that works for you. Just visit our Faculty Development Sign-up page, use the Sessions drop-down menu, and select Choose Me for By Appointment Sessions.
3) Upcoming Free TSUS/SHSU Online Faculty Events! MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR for day-long Ultra training, workshopping & support sessions by the SHSU Online team covering all areas of training, instructional design or support! Meet the SHSU Online team members in person and schedule to have one-on-one’s with the SHSU/SRSU ID’s on any topic (or request a workshop session). Stay tuned for more information on SHSU Online day-long Ultra training, workshopping & support sessions on the following campuses:
- On the Alpine campus – June 12th
- On the Del Rio / Eagle Pass campuses – June 13th
- On the Uvalde campus – June 14th
To schedule time with the SHSU Online team on one of the campuses above for yourself, your department, or your program faculty, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR for TSUS Faculty Development Day – July 14, 2023!
In support of digital teaching and learning in The Texas State University System, SHSU Online is hosting a TSUS Faculty Development Day for Digital Education on June 14th.
Join your colleagues for this free, day-long, virtual event on Tuesday, June 14th, 2023, for a learning opportunity on topics that are both timely and useful for instructors teaching in a hybrid/blended or online environment.
Schedule – Event Page | TSUS Faculty Development Days Summer 2022 (accelevents.com)
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR for the 2023 Digital Education Summit on September 22nd!**
We are excited to announce the date of the highly anticipated 12th Digital Education Summit (#DES23)! The summit is scheduled to take place on Friday, September 22, 2023. This FREE one-day event is dedicated to promoting the best practices and methodologies in online education. We welcome everyone, including faculty, staff, administrators, and digital education enthusiasts, to join us for this exciting event. So, mark your calendars and join us on September 22, 2023, for a day of learning, networking, and innovation.
Digital Education Summit #DES23 Call For Presenters!!
Submit your proposal: http://digitaleducationsummit.com/present/
4) Quality Matters Workshops for SRSU Faculty!
If you have not completed the SHSU certification and received the associated $500 stipend – that’s your first place to start in your online teaching training opportunities (both Spring 2023 SHSU Certifications cohorts are currently filled, Summer 2023 SHSU Certification Cohort enrollment information will be available by late April).
Next, we will be offering the a new round of Quality Matters workshops this spring for SRSU Faculty. You can prepare for these upcoming workshops by registering and creating a QM account:
– How to Register and Create an Account with Quality Matters
Step 1 Go to https://www.qualitymatters.org
Step 2 Go to Membership and click on Sign Up
Step 3 Under Already a Member Creating your MyQM account
Step 4 Click on Go to MyQM – www.qmprogram.org/myqm/
Step 5 Enter your Sul Ross email check “No, I am new here”
Step 6 Fill out the form and create a password.
– How to Register for Workshops with Quality Matters
Step 1 Login
Step 2 On the left-hand side menu, click on “Workshop-Register”
Step 3 Click on QM Training
Step 4 Filter by course name (Their signature course is Applying the QM Rubric- Virtual-APPQMR)
Step 5 Invoice to Institution (You do not have to pay. They will bill us directly).
If you need any assistance, please contact Jennifer Haan at email@example.com.
5)LinkedIn Learning Access, Webinar Recordings (and many others) Available in the “Teaching Online with Blackboard” Organization Site
To access our “Teaching Online with Blackboard” instructor resource site within Blackboard:
Choose the “Teaching Online with Blackboard” link in your “SRSU Faculty Central” module on the institutional landing page.
Inside the site you’ll find:
-Faculty and Staff Services – Sign up for Digital Teaching webinars, SRSU Quality Matters info or access online training thru LinkedIn Learning!
-Bb Ultra Quickstart Guides, Blackboard Original & Ultra Help from A-Z, Bb Ultra Roadmap (when new Ultra tools & features will appear)
–SHSU Online Webinar Recordings – In the “Webinar Recordings” folder you’ll find the latest recorded SHSU Online webinars (under both “Ultra” and “Original” webinar recording folders), such as:
• Blackboard Ultra Instructor Bootcamp
• Getting Your Bb “Original” Course Ultra Ready
• Making the Leap: Moving from Original to Ultra Course View
• Grading in Blackboard Ultra
• Adding Content and Activities to Ultra Courses
• Blackboard Ultra Course View: Tips & Tricks
• Kaltura – Recording Audio, Video & Screen for Bb
… and so much more in the new SRSU “Teaching Online with Blackboard” instructor resource site!
Students can access their SRSU Blackboard Student Support / Orientation site within Blackboard from the SRSU landing page:
Choose the “SRSU Student Central – Blackboard Student Support / Orientation” link in the “SRSU Student Central” module at the top of our landing page.
**A Blackboard Student Support Orientation site link has been added to all summer 2023 Blackboard course shells!**
7) UPDATES: New to Ultra Course View courses in June 2023
New Feature Thursday Video – Watch on YouTube Use the link/video to learn where to find out about all of the new Blackboard Ultra Features that rolled out this morning including three we will focus on:
- Announcements (moving from Details & Actions menu to top-level tab)
- Access to an additional layer of nesting with content folders
- The ability to upload test questions to a test directly from a fileEach month, Blackboard Ultra adds new features to assist instructors and students in the Teaching and Learning process. SHSU Online keeps track of all the latest features for you in the Instructor Support Org in Blackboard. Listed below are features that will impact instructors and students starting June 1st:
- Add Exemptions for Anonymous Assessments
- Add Exceptions from Gradebook Grid View and Student Overview page
- ‘Base calculation on points earned out of total graded points’ support for Custom Calculations
- Upload questions from a file to tests <—- Hooray!
- Support for anonymous grading of tests
- Journals Grades & Participation list filters
Instructors and students:
| Learn More |
**Blackboard Ultra Road Map for New Features – NOW in “Teaching Online with Blackboard” instructor resource site!**
8) Blackboard Summer/Fall 2023 Course Information & Support Info:
Summer/Fall 2023 Blackboard course shells are set to automatically become available to students on their first official class day and are set to automatically become unavailable to students a week after the final official class day.
FULL SUMM TERM – SRSU2023SUMM1 (academic calendar dates: 06/01/2023 to 08/15/2023)
Full summer session Blackboard courses automatically open on the first class day (06/01/2023) and will automatically close a week after the final class day (08/15/2023) on 08/23/2023.
SUMM 1 TERM – SRSU2023SUMM4 (academic calendar dates: 06/01/2023 to 07/07/2023)
1st summer session Blackboard courses automatically open on the first class day (06/01/2023) and automatically close a week after the final class day (07/07/2023) on 07/14/2023.
SUMM 2 TERM – SRSU2023SUMM6 (academic calendar dates: 07/10/2023 to 08/15/2023)
2nd summer session Blackboard courses automatically open on the first class day (07/10/2023) and will automatically close a week after the final class day (08/15/2023) on 08/23/2023.
FALL 16-WEEK TERM – SRSU2023FALL (academic calendar dates: 08/28/2023 to 12/13/2023)
Full fall session Blackboard courses will automatically open on the first full summer session class day (08/28/2023) and will automatically close a week after the final class day (12/13/2023) on 12/20/2023.
FALL 1st 8-WEEK TERM – SRSU2023FALL10 (academic calendar dates: 08/28/2023 to 12/13/2023)
1st 8-Week fall Blackboard courses will automatically open on the 1st 8-Week first class day (08/28/2023) and will automatically close a week after the 1st 8-weeks final class day (10/20/2023) on 10/27/2023.
FALL 2nd 8-WEEK TERM – SRSU2023FALL11 (academic calendar dates: 08/28/2023 to 12/13/2023)
2nd 8-Week fall Blackboard courses will automatically open on the 2nd-8-week first class day (10/23/2023) and automatically close a week after the 2nd 8-week final class day (12/13/2023) on 12/20/2023.
TO REQUEST A DIFFERENT AUTOMATIC OPENING (SUM II) OR CLOSING DATE FOR YOUR SUMMER COURSES: Simply contact your Blackboard support folks below and make a open/close date change request.
If you are the instructor of record for a summer 2023 Blackboard course and you need to add a TA, GA, or additional instructor to a summer course, need help with course copying content, need to have course sections consolidated, etc. you may request this by contacting our24/7 Online Blackboard Support Desk at:
email- firstname.lastname@example.org or call- 888.837.6055
SRSU Nursing Program Faculty Support
Angela McGuyer – email@example.com
Title V PPOHA – Accelerating Access and Opportunity in West Texas – Faculty Support
Rachel Carvajal – firstname.lastname@example.org
More SRSU faculty and student support resources may be found at ourSRSU Blackboard webpage
The following are popular faculty resource links. More information can be found by accessing your SRSU Teaching Online With Blackboard (TOWB) site within Blackboard (see above).
|Content||Manage Course||Training Resources|
Academic Affairs / Instructional Services
- BAB 104
- PO Box C-106
- Alpine TX 79832
- 432-837-8524 | 432-837-8525