Bar-SR-Bar Mentors Advancing Student Health (MASH) is a peer educator club that helps support the university’s life skills mission. The logo adopts the acronym of the U.S. Army’s mobile surgical hospital. This deployed medical unit was the basis for the highly popular novel, film and television series. It’s then branded with Sully’s own Bar-SR-Bar.
Student health serves as the club’s adviser. All academic disciplines are welcome to join as healthcare and wellness are influenced by multiple markets. Group participation includes activities such as:
- Give student presentations on disease and injury prevention
- Write Skyline articles about wellness and healthier consumer choices
- Collaborate with SRSU’s Alcohol and other Drug Coalition
- Participate in a local community health related activity
- Obtain Heart Association BLS Certification
To join this health peer educator group, e-mail email@example.com or call (432) 837-8102.
Bar-SR-Bar MASH is a peer educator club advocating for health and wellness through:
- presentations about the impact lifestyle choices have on physical and emotional well-being
- development of decision making skills about healthcare products and services
- promotion of habits to maintain a healthy body and mind